If you don’t pay your Shopify subscription bill or if a payment fails three times, it can have serious consequences for your store. Your store will be frozen until you settle your bill with Shopify.
When Does Your Store Freeze?
Your store does not freeze until your bill’s due date. If you miss the due date and the payment fails three times, then your store will be frozen and you will not be able to access your Shopify admin. This means that customers will also not be able to view your store.
What Are the Consequences?
If your store is frozen, this can have a range of consequences for your business:
- You won’t be able to access your Shopify admin
- Customers won’t be able to view your store, or make purchases
- Your store’s visibility will be reduced, as it won’t be indexed by search engines
- You will not be able to access any of your store’s data, such as sales and customer information
- You won’t be able to process orders or fulfill shipments
- You won’t be able to access any of your apps or themes
- You won’t be able to access any of your store’s features
What Can You Do?
If you find yourself in this situation, the best thing to do is settle your bill with Shopify as soon as possible. Once you have done this, your store will be unfrozen and you will be able to access all of your store’s features and data.
It’s also important to note that you may be charged a late fee if you miss your bill’s due date. To avoid this, make sure to pay your bill on time and keep an eye on your payment status.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your store remains accessible and that you don’t miss out on any important sales or customer data.